Sunday, April 4, 2010

April 4, 2010 Blog Post Assignment

As I viewed the different films I immediately thought of why is cyber connection so significant when it has been done for awhile now. I have been active through different internet networks since 2006. It was interesting to view different opinion of different individuals and receive a glimpse into their lives. Picture are attention getter and most of the time a picture answers questions or creates them. Network safety to me is Russian roulette per SE yet isn't driving a car. There are dangers in everything we do. A change that is! Safety, cautions, and precautions are just a way of life and not to be taken lightly. Why must so much go into twitter, facebook, myspace etc.? Is it really that significant to all or is it a luxury I have clearly taken for granite.
I take voicethread, blogging, and network real lightly. Is that wrong? I don't see how this will help my classroom nor enhance my student academically. All will definitely enhance technically but how sufficient is that. I don't see voicethread being used much professionally and blogging is an exchange of ideas or more so keeping a journal of your thoughts. One blog is nor more sufficient that the rest. Certain topics interests certain people so not that I read my own thoughts I can see some benefit of networking. Yet, how much of this networking is true and how much is false?
I seek that someone reading this blog will point out the plus to the twitter episode with the man, his daughter, and the different schools. I seek clarity with voicethread. Other than different nationalities coming together and gaining knowledge of a different way of living I am unable to see the benefit.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with some of what you say, but at the same time I think that we all need to be more technology efficient, especially if we are going to be teaching kids that really know the new technological devices and computers. Of course, some blogs really do serve no purpose for education, I see where you could think that, but I have ran across a few just this semester that have a lot of great information like websites, links, and class lessons and activities for teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do not have an email link on your blog nor do you have a working link to the class blog.

    You need to work on your writing.

    ReplyDelete