Wednesday, April 7, 2010

April 11, 2010 Blog Post


I absolutely loved the cartoons about The Zax's. It is unfortunate that their are individuals actually that stubborn. The world was very mediocre and familiar to the Zax's but the world kept growing and growing until an entire city was established around the Zax's stubbornness. This is an representation of educational growth. Whether we as educator's want to believe it or not; we can either keep up or we as an system will be left standing in one position while education enhances around us. One can view this link at

I take it that I don't value the need for kids to use blogs, twitter, or other networks. I know it reflects how I was raised and educationally brought up. I see the children choir sing, "Landslide" and it was nice. I actually did not get an overwhelming feeling. Many groups since the composing of this song as reinvented the musical aspect of the song. This assignment made me seek other ways of posing audio posts or video posts as of importance. I came across a film I visited earlier on in the class , a Vision of Students. The video was actually created by college students and their interpretation of a college experience. During the film I mentally compared past educational method such as books and black boards to modern education such as smart boards and web pages. I need to catch up within my mentality because our system is a definitely changing strictly for advancement.

I came across Education Today and Tomorrow. I love this film and it reminded me why technology is so important. In every profession to date one must have technological abilities. It is hard to understand this from a observant standpoint but the film was a cup of coffee. Times are a changing. The film showed a 430 pound juke box with 503 songs and compared it to an I pod only a couple of ounces with over a thousand songs. Go Figure! If that isn't an reflection of the change of times then what is.

My most favorable video was . This particular link will guide you to personalized videos to the President Barack Obama. These students are from Amherst Middle School in Buffalo, NY. The amazing part of this video is their middle school students and they have done more with technology than I have done as a second degree seeking college student. The tape was in depth and the students seemed enthused to create it. The students along with their awesome technology teacher, Rob Zdrojewski was instrumental in creating a sight which link these students to me and others including the president himself. After watching this film, I can help but to wonder has the president viewed this film and if not then he definitely should. Seeing as how the president and I are twitter friends, I am going to inform him of this link.

1 comment:

  1. Lauriel,

    I enjoyed viewing your different videos and hearing what they meant to you. I also think it is crazy that there are Zaxs living among us. It amazes me how people refuse to change. Change can be a good thing. Great post!

    ReplyDelete