Sunday, January 24, 2010

Danielle McQuieter's EDM 310 Blog Assignment

2. "Its Not About the Technology"
I seriously became elated while reading this post by Mrs. Hines. I completey agreed with innovating teaching. I concur with being a learner while being a teacher. The students of the 21st century are born in a technological age. There are so many tools that come natural to our youth. However, I became fustrated because I feel like Mrs. Hines is not speaking for a realistic educational view. I have been in the school system for five years. In the five years I have done everything from video conferencing with a school 60 miles away to wiring a webcam. In the mist of those two projects my students were very helpful.
When school systems become excited with new technology you always have the veteran teachers whom do not agree. Mrs. Hines did not touch on this matter and it is what makes the inivative tools difficult to incorporate into a school. Most veteran teachers are afraid to except the new avenues to teaching. The older teachers find no need and see nothing wrong with the old avenues of education. All in all you have a large amount of tenured teachers who find no need to learn while they teach. This Mrs. Hines is what saddens me. I feel in order to make your thoughts a reality you need a educational system of young educators.

3. Karl Fisch: Is It Okay to be a Technologically Illiterate Teacher?
"I followed my blog assignment sheet and left my comment on Fisch's post."

1 comment:

  1. I agreed with Mrs. Hines too. You do bring a good point when you talk about the veteran teachers not wanting to participate. I have found when something new comes about some people are not eager to learn and this is a frustration.

    ReplyDelete