Sunday, January 24, 2010

Danielle McQuieter's EDM 310 Blog Assignment

1. Michael Wesch: A Vision of Students A Today

The setting for this film was very accurate of a college core class. Usually the English, Political Science, or Humanities class are held in very large classes such as shown in the film. During my college experience I had very little contact with instructors and disliked the class lectures. This is my second degree so during my undergrad days there were no smart phones or facebook. Instead I texted during class and listened very little to the instructor. I felt I was only a face that contribBolduted to my instructor's paycheck.

I love the relationship with my instructor's at this point. I am most comfortable after having an intial college experience. It seems more so that after you reach your major courses the classes decrease and the instructor/student relationship enhances greatly. For the student, a college experience can either be greatly rewarding or a long unpleasing experience. That reflection of the film, I disagree with. If there was anything I could contribute to this film I would showcase more pro's and not all con's. This film is comical to the extent of the details being very true however there is so much more to an college experience for what I have experienced being a second degree seeking student.


2. "Its Not About the Technology"





No comments:

Post a Comment